A boy was watching his grandmother write a letter. At one point, he asked:
“are you writing a story about what we have done? It is a story about me?”
His grandmother stopped writing her letter and said to her grandson:
“ I am writing about you you, actually, but more important is than the words is the pencil I’m using. I hope you will be like this pencil when you grow up “
Intrigued, the boy looked at the pencil. It did not seem special.
“but it’s just like any ather pecil I’ve seen”
“ That’s depends on how you look at things.
It has 5 qualities which, if you manage to hang on to them, willmake you a person who is always at peace with the world.
1. You are capable of great things, but you must never forget that there is a hand guiding your steps. We call that hand oh Allah, and He always guide us according to His will
“dan janganlah kamu seperti orang2 yang lupa akan ALLAH, sehingga ALLAH menjadikan mereka lupa kepada diri sendiri, mereka itu orang2 yang fasik” surah al-Hasyr~ayat 19’
And be not like those who forgot Allah, so He made them forget themselves. Those are the defiantly disobedient. ‘al-Hasyr~19.
2. Now and then, I have to stop writing and use a sharpener. That makes the pencil suffer a little, but afterwards, he’s much sharper. So you too, must learn to bear certain pains and sorrows, because they will make you a better person.
3. The pencil always allows us to use an eraser to rub any mistakes. This means that correcting something we did is not necessarily bad things; it helps to keep us on the road to justice.
4. What really matters is a pencil is not its wooden exterior, but the graphite inside. So, always pay attention to what is happening insidenyou.
5. The pencil’s fifth quality is, it always leaves mark. In just tha same way, you should know that everything you do in life leave a mark, so try to be conscious of that in your every action.
[Life Is An Open Secret - Paulo Coelho]